Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Desiring God

There's something "moving" about John Piper.

I haven't read many of his books. I haven't been a long-time listener of his podcast. I don't even know much about the church community he leads. But every time I get another little glimpse into his life, God stirs something inside of me.

And this video is yet another example. Just hearing him share about the release of a "long-ago" book, I feel compelled to take a good look at my own life. In John, I see such honest humility. I see a deep, passionate hunger for Christ. I see a relentless, desperate pursuit of God's will. I see an unwavering endurance to uphold God's Truth.




And it causes me to be still. Broken. Aligned. Desiring God.

What's amazing is, I've never even read this book. And I probably will. But most importantly, I'm just so thankful for how God has used John to spur me toward Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment